Belfree was developed originally as a simple teaching aid to allow single bell tutors to be able to transport a bell sensor around various towers enabling learning for those who were not able to access a fixed simulator install. Since its creation we have worked further to develop this into a multi bell sensor system allowing users to combine more sensors to create up to 8 or more bells being rung silently.
The system is formed of two main parts, the sensor itself and a receiver. The sensor is mounted to the bell wheel using our own mounting hardware which is fixed to the wheel just about the head-stock using 2 small screws. The sensor itself is then secured in place using high power magnets and once seated correctly will switch on automatically.
At the other end the USB receiver is plugged into your computer running your chosen simulation software. You are then able to configure the software to use the sensors just as you would for a fixed installation.
For towers where the belfry is a long way from the ringing chamber we have a range extender, which will help in these situations although from testing we have shown this is only required on the occasional installation as most work fine with the standard sensor and receiver.
To complete the package we have the optional foot controller which will allow hands free control of the simulator software you are using meaning more time with your hands on the rope.
- Small and lightweight
- Fully rechargeable using the latest in battery technology
- Large range capability
- USB receiver (only one of these is required no matter how many sensors you are using)
- Any number of sensors can be added to the system at anytime meaning you can buy 1 and then add more in the future.
- Easy to install mounting system
- Tool free operation once mounts are installed
- Fully transportable - if mounts are fitted in other towers one or more sensors can be shared between them